Please login to view your recommended events!Close This Window
The Kentucky Center is more than simply a performance venue. We take artists out of our theaters and into classrooms, health care facilities and public festivals throughout the region. We bring some of the world’s leading artists to Kentucky to interact with and inspire people young and old. Our programs spread across the Commonwealth into cities, towns, schools and community centers, bringing arts and education experiences into people’s lives. Our reach goes far beyond Louisville because Kentucky is, in fact, our stage.
- Over 1.7 million children have traveled from Kentucky counties as far away as Boyd and Muhlenberg to experience the wonder of live theater and performing arts at The Kentucky Center.
- More than 200 young artists come together every summer for three weeks of intensive interaction, training, and artistic exploration at the nationally recognized Governor’s School for the Arts. GSA has served over 4,000 students since its inception.
- Over 21,450 educators have been trained by The Kentucky Center through our innovative and nationally acclaimed arts education programs. These teachers, in turn, have impacted over 5,000,000 students.
- 100 community centers in 8 cities participate in The Kentucky Center’s ArtsReach program, offering free arts instruction and hands-on experiences.
- Starting in 2009, over 1,600 patients and individuals have enjoyed 140 arts experiences in area hospitals and health care facilities.