Please login to view your recommended events!Close This Window
Ticketing Information and Fees
All sales are final. There are no refunds or exchanges. Artists are subject to change without prior notice. Copying any performance by camera, audio, or video recording equipment is prohibited. Because of local fire ordinances, every person, regardless of age, requires a ticket for admittance to events in our venues. Baby/infant tickets are available on a show-by-show basis. For more information please contact The Kentucky Center Box Office at (502) 584-7777 (V) or (800) 775-7777.
Resale, Lost and Counterfeit Tickets
YOU MAY NOT RESELL OR DISTRIBUTE tickets sold for events occurring in Kentucky Center managed venues for any commercial purpose. Those venues include, but are not limited to: Robert S. Whitney Hall, W.L. Lyons Brown Theatre, Bomhard Theater, Mex Theater, Clark Todd Hall. When Purchasing for The Kentucky Center or its managed venues, you agree that tickets purchased are for personal use only unless otherwise authorized in writing by The Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts. This site, including all information and services may not be used for any commercial purposes such as to conduct the sale of tickets, merchandise or services of any kind, whether by advertising, solicitations, links or any other form of communication. We will investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who violates this provision. At a minimum, we may void the tickets in question and bar such violators from use of this Site and any services of The Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts. THE SALE OF TICKETS ON The Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts PROPERTY and Kentucky Center for the performing Arts Managed Venues (including parking lots and entrance roads) IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Violators will be considered trespassing on property and escorted off the grounds.
Tickets purchased from an unauthorized source may be lost, stolen, counterfeit or in violation of resale policies and if so, are VOID. We strongly discourage you from purchasing tickets from an unauthorized source and remind you that scalping a ticket is illegal in the state of Kentucky. PROTECT YOURSELF-Please only buy tickets from an authorized Ticket agent.
List of Authorized Agents
- The Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts Box Office and drive thru window
- The Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts website www.kentuckycenter.org
Tickets are a revocable license, subject to termination with denial of admission at management discretion, upon refund of the purchase price and subject to revocation with denial of admission or removal from the facility, without compensation, should the holder act in a disorderly manner or violate management policies.
Ticketing FeesThe Kentucky Center Ticket Service is fully funded by convenience and handling fees. These fees have been in place as long as we have provided the service (25+ years) and are set to cover the cost not merely of staff, but of hardware, maintenance, software and licensing for our seven day a week operation. Convenience and handling fees are standard in the ticketing industry when ordering over the phone or on the internet.
Common Myths about our ticketing fees:
- The Kentucky Center retains the revenue from the price of the ticket. Why do you need to nickel and dime us with extra fees on top of that?" - The Kentucky Center does NOT retain the ticketing revenue for all performances taking place within our venues. That revenue goes to the various presenting organizations and we provide the ticket service, and that is what the additional fees support.
- "Isn't The Kentucky Center a non-profit organization that is funded by the state? Why do you need all these additional fees?" - Although The Kentucky Center receives 5.5% of its total operating budget from the state, all of that can only be applied to the building itself. Therefore we have to generate other sources of revenue to maintain the day-to-day staffing and operation costs enabling us to offer our various services, including our seven day a week and 24-hour-a-day web ticketing operation.
- "Why should I have to pay online fees when I am doing all the work myself? I am saving you money by not having to use a staff person to take my order." - It may seem as though the cost of employing an individual should exceed that of maintaining the equipment and software for internet sales, but as any IT professional can tell you, that is sadly not the case. Maintaining a 24-hour-a-day web ticketing service is a costly venture, and the ticketing fees enable us to continually grow the site and add new functionality to improve your overall purchasing experience as well as offering you the convenience of ordering any time day or night.
- "Why can't you just roll the fees into the ticket price?" - Again, because the Center does not retain the ticketing revenue for all performances, we cannot roll that fee into the price of the show. We like to be clear and direct about those ticketing fees being separate and where they are going.
Options for avoiding convenience and handling fees
- Save when you become a Kentucky Center Member!-Membership at The Kentucky Center means great perks when you purchase tickets using the membership hotline!
- Priority seating to all Kentucky Center Presents shows, available until 2 weeks before a performance date!
- WAIVED CONVENIENCE & HANDLING FEES ON ALL TICKETS
- The chance to buy tickets to Kentucky Center Presents performances and PNC Broadway Across America Louisville before the public
- 15% discount for select Kentucky Center Presents performances
- Easy exchange
- Get all these great benefits when you become a member for as little as $100! Call (502) 562 - 0159 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to join today!
- Come down to The Kentucky Center Box Office at 501 W Main Street!
- ALL convenience and handling fees can be avoided by purchasing your tickets at The Kentucky Center Box Office, which is open seven days a week, or by using our Drive Thru Box Office window off of Main Street between Fifth and Sixth Streets, which is open Monday thru Friday, 11am-6pm. So stop on by. We'd love to see you!
- Group Sales Information
- Groups of 10 or more receive a 10% discount off of single ticket prices for most Kentucky Center Presents performances.
- Avoid all fees for KC Presents performances.
- Now selling group tickets to select KFC Yum! Center events.
- Call (502) 562-0152 for more information.