Prepare Your Digital Submission
Your art form specific digital submission must include:
-- Personal Question Video (video file)
Your manuscript should fall under one of the following categories: fiction, poetry, playwriting, or creative nonfiction. You may only include work from one of these categories. You may not apply in more than one creative writing category. You are welcome to apply in another GSA art form.
Manuscript Formatting Guidelines
- Must be typed
- Spacing: Double-spaced
- Margins: 1-inch on all sides
- Font: 12 points in Times New Roman, Arial, or Courier
- Total pages: 6-8 complete pages.
- Header: Every page must have a header with your name, high school, and grade level
- If submitting multiple pieces include titles for each separate piece.
- If part or all of your manuscript consists of an excerpt from a longer work, the excerpt must be from consecutive pages of the original work. Including multiple excerpts from longer works in your manuscript is discouraged.
Follow the formatting guidelines exactly. Manuscripts that do not follow guidelines will not be read.
Personal Question (1 video, max 90 seconds)
In addition to providing you manuscript, please provide the answer to the following question in video form:
Tell us something significant that has happened in your life and shaped who you are as a person.
Guidelines for Recording Your Personal Question Video
-- Record your answer in a clearly defined interior space with a neutral background that is free of
creases and breaks.
-- Shoot straight on, leaving the camera in one location.
Media Submission Requirements for Manuscript & Personal Question Video
-- Save and name your files individually.
Your manuscript file should be titled as "LASTNAME_FirstName" (example: SMITH_Amanda.pdf).
Your personal question video link should be titled as " LASTNAME_FirstName_Personal Question."
-- File format for your manuscript should be one of the following: PDF, DOC, DOCX, or RTF
-- Upload each file separately and in the correct space provided.
-- When uploading, be sure to upload any videos to your computer first and verify that image is upright (not sideways) and plays smoothly.