Prepare Your Digital Submission
Film + Photography
Your art form specific digital submission must include:
-- Portfolio (10 works uploaded in video, image or document files)
-- Portfolio cover sheet (document file)
-- Personal Question Video (video file)
Your Film + Photography portfolio should contain 10 total works. Portfolios exceeding this size or which contain fewer than the required works will not be reviewed. These works can be comprised of a variety of media, however pieces should demonstrate some competency in both photography and film. Suggested formats include:
- Scripts for movies and/or storyboards.
- Video (documentary, narrative, or shorts).
- Still photography (without extreme Photoshop alterations).
- Audio files
- Prints, drawings, paintings and 3D works that may apply to the above.
- Any relevant digital art (this includes, but is not limited to computer generated music, altered images, or designs)
To accompany your portfolio works, please include a cover sheet (.doc, .docx, .rtf, .pdf). This should contain information on each piece within your portfolio: title, link & password (if applicable), time length, and your role in the production. Please also indicate whether the file is audio only.
Personal Question (1 video, max 90 seconds)
One additional piece to add to your Digital Submission is the personal question video. Please provide the answer to the following question in video form:
Tell us something significant that has happened in your life and shaped who you are as a person.
Guidelines for Recording Your Personal Question Video
-- Record your answer in a clearly defined interior space with a neutral background that is free of
creases and breaks.
-- Shoot straight on, leaving the camera in one location.
Media Submission Requirements for Digital Submission
-- Save and name your files individually as “title of piece_ last name,” "cover sheet_ last name" and "personal question_last name".
-- Upload each file separately and in the correct space provided.
-- When uploading, be sure to upload any videos to your computer first and verify that image is upright (not sideways) and plays smoothly.
These tips are suggestions. They are NOT eligibility requirements for admittance to GSA.
- Include work completed outside of school and school projects.
- Diversify your portfolio with a mix of mediums. We want to know your interest and involvement in various mediums.
- Include recent work in your portfolio.