Digital Submission Requirements
3 videos total, video must be .MP4
Pianists -- Please position your camera at an angle so that your hands, the music rack and/or the fall board of the piano are visible at all times.
Scales (1 minute, 30 seconds)
All applicants will play
- all 7 required major scales in this order: C, F, Bb, Eb, G, D, A
- both ascending and descending
- by memory
- at the same minimum tempo of 120 bpm to the quarter note (faster tempos are permissible, but only if ALL scales are played at the faster tempo)
- scales in a minimum of 2 octaves, with the option to play in additional octaves
- scales with both hands together
Personal Solo (3-5 minutes)
All applicants will select and play a solo of their choice. Pianists must play their solo from memory.
Personal Question (90 seconds)
Please provide in video form the answer to the following question:
Tell us something significant that has happened in your life and shaped who you are as a person.