Digital Submission Requirements
Woodwinds and Brass
3 videos total, video must be .MP4
Scales (1 minute, 30 seconds)
All applicants will play
- all 7 required major scales in this order: C, F, Bb, Eb, G, D, A
- both ascending and descending
- by memory
- at the same minimum tempo of 120 bpm to the quarter note (faster tempos are permissible, but only if ALL scales are played at the faster tempo)
- scales in 2 octaves with the exception of the following: oboes & saxophones may play A & G scales in one octave, trumpets may play their D, Eb, and F scales in one octave.
- If you play a transposing instrument (clarinet, saxophone, trumpet or horn), play the required scales in your keys, not concert pitch.
- Scales should be played in a tongued, legato style
Personal Solo (3-5 minutes)
All applicants will select and play a solo of their choice.
Personal Question (90 seconds)
Please provide in video form the answer to the following question:
Tell us something significant that has happened in your life and shaped who you are as a person.